Are you trying to lose weight fast, and conscious about your meals? I will share some delicious weight watchers lunch recipes that are easy to make at home.
Subscribe to Switch TV for more exciting content
1. Kale salad
Kale Salad with Apples and Quinoa are one of the best weight watchers no cook lunches. It makes a day full and healthy and is easy to make and this salad is ready in just 15 minutes.
- Tricolour quinoa
- Curly kale
- Goat cheese
- Olive oil
How to Make This Easy Kale Salad
- Cook quinoa according to the directions on the package and cool completely.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a jar or bowl.
- Add kale to a salad bowl, whisk dressing once more then pour 3/4 of the dressing over kale and toss until kale is evenly coated. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Add apples, quinoa, walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour the remaining dressing over the salad then toss. Add goat cheese, and toss gently.
Tips for This Salad
- Use sweet apples to balance the tartness of the lemon. Use pretty red onions for a pretty colour contrast.
- Let the dressing rest on the kale to help soften those not-so-tender leaves.
- Store it in the fridge for up to 4 hours. Finally, a salad that holds up well for a while!
2. Vegetable soup
This creamy vegetable soup recipe is pure comfort food for a lunch meal. This soup is loaded with vegetables, bacon, cheese, and vegetable broth or chicken broth, easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes or less.
How to make vegetable soup
– Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces and sauté in a Dutch oven until crispy.
– Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and carrots. Cube the potatoes and cut the broccoli into small florets.
– Remove the bacon from the Dutch oven, reserving the bacon grease. Add the onions and carrots and sauté until tender. Then add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
LIQUIDS– Pour in the broth, water and add the potatoes. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are almost fully cooked. Don’t overcook the potatoes, the soup will continue cooking.
ADD VEGETABLES– Add the corn and broccoli to the soup and cook until broccoli is desired tenderness, about 3-5 minutes.
CREAM– In a bowl, whisk together the milk with flour and add to the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
CHEESE– Turn heat down to a low/medium and stir in the cheese and add the bacon back, cook until the cheese completely melts and incorporates into the liquids. DON’T add the cheese over high heat, it will become clumpy and not melt.
3.Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
Do you love pizza? Try chicken masala pizza when your mood is off as a weight watcher.
- Pizza crust
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Garam masala
- Tomato sauce
- 10 oz. skinless and boneless chicken breast (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- ▢1 tablespoon butter
- ▢2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ▢1/2 jalapeno (deseeded)
- ▢Salt to taste
- ▢1 12- inches store-bought pizza crust or three (3 7-inches mini pizza crusts)
- Olive oil for brushing
- ▢1/4 onion (thinly sliced)
- ▢1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ▢Handful of coriander leaves/cilantro (chopped, save some for garnish)
- ▢1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ▢1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ▢1/2 teaspoon ground garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- ▢1/4 teaspoon salt
- ▢1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ▢2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- ▢1 pinch cinnamon
- ▢4 oz. tomato sauce
- ▢2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- ▢2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ▢1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ▢1/2 teaspoon paprika
- ▢1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken with the Marinade for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Line a layer of aluminium foil in a baking pan for grilling. Spread the marinated chicken in a single layer on the pan, and discard the
- remaining marinade. Grill the chicken at 450°F (232°C) for 6-7 minutes, turning at half time.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the Tomato Sauce and Spice Mix in separate bowls. Remove the chicken from the pan when it is done and discard the juice.
- Heat a small saucepan and melt the butter. Sauté the garlic and jalapeno until aromatic. Pour in the Spice Mix and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Remove the jalapeno and discard.