Breaks up are inevitable and you want to be prepared as you go through the five stages of grief. Listening to music has been proven to soothe a broken heart.
To help you be ready for when it happens and to spare you the trouble of getting the right songs to listen to, here is a list of songs you should have on your break-up playlist:
• Rolling in the Deep — Adele
• Love in the Dark – Adele.
• These days – Rudimental
• Ukimwona – H’art the band.
• Arcade – Duncan Laurence.
• The way life goes – Lil Uzi featuring Nicki Minaj
• Bed of Lies – Nicki Minaj.
• Best thing I never had – Beyonce
• Serious – Nyashinski
Read about Ajib Gathoni’s break-up.
• Knowing me, Knowing you – Abba
• Should have been me – Naughty boy
• Meant to be – Bebe Rexha
• Remind me to forget – Miguel
• Take a bow – Rihanna
Break up music helps you express your grief through song
• Irreplaceable – Beyonce
• This kind of love – Otile Brown
• Deuces – Chris Brown
• Heartbreak anniversary – Giveon
• Knock you down – Keri Hillsong featuring Kanye West
The science behind the healing power of music during a heart break is simple. It goes down to you being able to relate to the artist singing the song and having the lyrics put to words what you feel.
Read more on the psychology of music.
For those who preferably want to focus on anything but their ex during the brake up phase, listening to worship music is always a full proof solution.